Check Out My Slide Show!

January 12, 2008

AND OFF WE GO!

Welcome 2008.

Well I am going to give this Photography thing a go!

I am doing this blog mainly as a diary of my journey into Photography. The photo above is one I took on Grand Final Day 2007 at my sister Leisa's house. There were literally hundreds of Lorikeets. I love the colours in them. I love this photo.

I have loved Photography for as long as I can remember. My father has always been a mad photographer as well as his father (my grandfather). I remember as a kid Dad and Pa (when we saw him, I mean Pa) making us pose for photos, I especially remember Dad every Christmas making us (I am one of three daughters) sit around the Christmas Tree holding candles. I remember what a pain I thought it was, but looking back at the photos now I think how precious those memories are.

I suppose that is what I love the most about Photography, the fact that, that moment is captured forever. I know that when I lost my Great Auntie Lola (who was more like a Grandmother to us), all I wanted to do is grab a photo and look at it. A photo can take you back to a moment in time instantly. You can revisit loved ones who have left this earth or reflect on the growth of your child or take yourself back to a moment with a friend. They can make you laugh and they can make you cry.

I have always doubted my ability to take a good photograph, I think I am way to critical of my photos. I look at every imperfection and think it is not good enough. Anyway I have promised myself that I am not going to be so harsh on myself and I am going to just try to enjoy and learn everything I can.

Well that is all for today, I will post some of my other photos. These have been taken over Christmas period.

Take Care, Sally xx